In a world where contents are increasingly needed, developers are in charge of offering us more and more audiovisual creating tools, but their development and complexity are ever further from all those users who have basic knowledge and creative curiosity. With the new VideoStudio Pro X6, Corel promises us an all-in-one video editor software with every professional tool and effect but with a suitable simplicity for everyone.
This new launch of the Canadian company’s video editor program allows us to work with incredible sizes in 4K and new and improved movement effects. It helps with the subtitling, and it offers new compatibility with the current cameras and video formats. This is an amazing video-editing software capable of competing against the major software on the market, regarding the non professional video editors.
VideoStudio Pro X7 Features
The features offered by this new version are listed below:
- It edits videos easily and quickly
- User-friendly tools and multiple easy-to-use templates to start working with your videos without any problem
- Video quality: 4K (4096x2160), ultra high-definition
- Animation improvements and advanced picture-in-picture effects
- New working system with DSLR cameras
- Video production for web, rigid devices and mobile phones
- Compatible with AVCHD 2.0 formats
- Flexible workspace
The first thing we will notice when installing VideoStudio Pro X6 in our PC is that it will occupy 1.5GB in our system. A quite high quantity for being a software which works with video, but soon we will see that the main reason for that weight is the number of effects Corel has decided to add and which are going to allow us every kind of creating possibilities. And the great thing is that this new video editor software joins all the virtues of editing programs and effects programs with a quite efficient result.
Below we break down all the novelties more remarkable of X6 version:
- It improves the speed control with Key Frames: by selecting a clip and through the options panel, we will be able to add control points and to modify the speed of our video the way we want and easily. This way we will be able to accelerate the image or to slow it down to achieve high-end effects.
- Stop-Motion: certainly, we are facing one of the best programs for working with this technique. With a tool created just for that effect and improved from the previous versions, we will be able to control our DSLR for using it remotely from our VideoStudio Pro, being able to configure all the image options we need, such as white balance, image size, ISO or the direct exposition from our computer. Everything arranged for the creation of our Stop-motion movies.
- Motion Tracking: it captures the position of an object during a video and adds that pattern to graphics and texts which will go with it almost immediately.
- Subtitle Editor with speech recognition: with this new system it won’t be necessary to waste patience or energy setting the code time of the subtitles. With the new speech recognition system, VideoStudio will adapt the texts to the dialogue automatically.
- HTML5 support: VideoStudio X5 was the first software to add interactive web video and X6 makes the most of this. Thanks to this programming language, we will be able to create titles like those from the DVDs or to add superimposed graphics to complete our movies with all the information we need. VideoStudio is a video editor software prepared and recommended for making our own Youtube productions and publishing them directly on the service.
- Compatibility with ultra high-definition 4K videos: the future is here and the 4096x2160 resolution is a fact. Start working with this new format and create you super productions.
Beside those features, we can observe other ones which will interest the most experienced users, as compatibility with AVCHD 2.0, one of the main video formats of high-definition; Quicktime’s alpha channels (it imports animated sequences with transparent backgrounds for being able to work with layersbetter) and track interchange (we can reorganizethe tracks as we will and work with them the easiest and most efficient way).
Even though at the beginning everything seems like a lot of information and complication for the beginner, we do not have to worry. Corel has done a great work simplifying the first contact with the program. It starts with a very simple, nice, visual, and customizable interface that will guide us in the long process of creation thanks to its three action tabs: capture, edition and exportation; and avoiding a cumbersome process.
The capture is very intuitive and it is simple as much for the videos we have in our computer or hard disk as for the videos we want to take out from our cameras or mobile phones. The video edition has been also reduced to the minimum. We will only have to place our clips in the timelineand we will be able to cut them out and to arrange them as we want. The whole process is very simple. Once we have created the body of our movie, we will be able to start adding the effects. These effects come grouped in sixteen groups of one hundred and fifty transitions each one, and they go from the classical ones (fade, passing to white, passing to black…), to the 3D effect, as well as the titles and subtitles templates.
When exporting our movie, we will get a varied offer of standard formats such us MPG, Windows Media Video, AVI or Quicktime. At the same time, Corel VideoStudio Pro X6 let us export our creations directly in DVDs,Blu-rays (where we can add menus and chapters), iPods and PSPs without any problem, and we can also upload them directly in websites as Facebook, Vimeo, Youtube and Flickr.
PHP Nuke's Opinion
VideoStudio Pro X6 is a non-professional video editor, but thanks to the propulsion Corel is giving to this new version, it is a quite useful tool for creating complex and thorough movies. Due to its approach of being a program for everybody, this software turns out to be an explosive mix of possibilities and simplicity that can delight all those users who are beginning in the video edition world.
We have multiple video formats to import and export, a working system very intuitive and a lot of tools and effects to let our imagination run wild. The problem is that, maybe, for that union,memory and slowness problems appear. Besides the fact the computer can crash from time to time (a very usual problem in the majority of the video programs), when doing final rendering this software is one of the slowest in its range.
Even so, we must admit that almost all its tools are quite useful and its workflow is really easy. The monitoring of objects within the video is very successful and the tracking works marvelously well. Regarding the Stop Motion, VideoStudio Pro X6 is a top software. Its compatibility with DSLR cameras is a great idea and it helps creating our movies. And there is nothing but acclaims for what they have achieved with their subtitle editor which will save us hours and hours of work.
It is incredible that in a non-professional software there are so much tools included in such a simply way, but Corel has achieved to do that thanks to its X6. At the same time, this version is presented in two formats: the Pro and Ultimate formats which join everything that was included in the Pro version with a Premium pack with the special effects of proDad, Boris FX and NewBlue.
In order to download this software, we will need the following system requirements:
- Operating System: Windows XP with the most recent Service Packs installed (32-bit or 64-bit editions) or higher
- Processor: Intel CoreDuo 1.83GHz or AMD Dual Core 2.0GHz
- RAM Memory: 2GB
- Screen resolution: 1024x768 minimum
- Windows-compatible sound card
- DVD-ROM drive compatible with Windows for the installation of the software, Windows-compatible DVD recorder, for the DVD discs creation.
Compatibility with input and output devices:
- IPhone, iPad, iPod Classic with video, iPod Touch, Sony PSP, smartphones with Windows and Android
- Cameras and video cameras that record in the internal memory, memory card, DVD disc or hard disk
- USB capturing devices, PC cameras, Webcams
- IEEE 1394/FireWire cards to use them with DV/D8/HDVvideo cameras
- DV UVC cameras (USB VideoClass)
- Compatibility with IEEE 1394
- Compatible with OHCI
- Analog capture cards for analog video cameras (it includes compatibility with VFW and WDM for Windows XP and Broadcast)
- Blu-ray Disc™, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, DVD-RAM or o CD-R/RW drives Windows-compatible
- Reflex camera (DSLR) for Stop Motion: Canon EOS 1Ds Mark III, EOS 1D Mark IV, EOS 1D Mark III, EOS 1D X, EOS 5D Mark III, EOS 5D Mark II, EOS 7D, EOS 40D, EOS 50D, EOS 60D, EOS 60Da, EOS 650D/Rebel T4i, EOS 600D/Rebel T3i, EOS 1100D/Rebel T3, EOS 550D/Rebel T2i, EOS 500D/Rebel T1i, EOS 450D/RebelXSi, EOS 1000D/Rebel XS
Compatible input formats*:
- Video: : AVI, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, AVCHD™, MPEG-4, H.264, BDMV, DV, HDV, DivX, QuickTime, RealVideo, Windows Media, MOD (JVC MOD file format), M2TS, M2T, TOD, 3GPP, 3GPP2
- Audio: Dolby Digital Stereo, Dolby Digital 5.1, MP3, MPA, WAV, QuickTime, Windows Media Audio, OggVorbis
- Images: BMP, CLP, CUR, EPS, FAX, FPX, GIF, ICO, IFF, IMG, J2K, JP2, JPC, JPG, PCD, PCT, PCX, PIC, PNG, PSD, PSPImage, PXR, RAS, RAW, SCT, SHG, TGA, TIF, UFO, UFP, WMF
- Disc:DVD, Video CD (VCD), SuperVideo CD (SVCD)
Compatible output formats:
- Video: AVI, MPEG-2, AVCHD, MPEG-4, H.264, BDMV, HDV, QuickTime, RealVideo, Windows Media, 3GPP, 3GPP2, WebM
- Audio: Dolby Digital Stereo, Dolby Digital 5.1, MPA, M4A, WAV, QuickTime, Windows Media Audio, OggVorbis
- Images: BMP, JPG
- Disc: DVD (DVD-Video/DVD-VR/AVCHD), Blu-ray Disc™ (BDMV)
- Support: CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, doublelayer DVD-R, doublelayer DVD+R, BD-R/RE.
*The compatibility with some input formats could require software made by other manufacturers.
The compatibility with some output formats could require software made by others manufacturers.
For more information you can visit the developer’s site .
Corel surprises us again with its new version of VideoStudio X6, a program for non-professionals with all the professional tools and features. Very simple and intuitive, it will allow us to create a video easily from scratch or with templates and to export them to any format we have at home. It is also an ideal tool for the video creation for Internet. It is totally recommended to those who want to start in the video editing world or for those experienced ones who want to work in a less demanding way. VideoStudio X6 is presented in two versions, Pro X6 which costs 69.99€ (VAT included) and Ultimate X6 which costs 89.99€ (VAT included) and which has the Pro Version and a special effects Premium pack of ProDad, Boris FX and NewBlue.
- Very simple and versatile
- Good work capacity with DSLR cameras
- 4K video and 3D work support
- Video creation suitable for Youtube and HTML5
- Great amount of professional tools suitable for all kind of users
- The rendering time is slower than the competition’s
- Just twenty video lines to work with
- It is not a 64-bitapplication